Home of the Fresno City College Rams
Built during the United States' so-called "Golden Era of Sports," Ratcliffe Stadium was dedicated on October 9, 1926 and is located on the Fresno City College campus near the intersection of Blackstone and McKinley avenues in the heart of Fresno.
The stadium, originally know as Fresno State College Stadium and renamed for Fresno State's first football coach, Emory Ratcliffe, in 1941, was expanded with a high-rise grandstand on the west side in 1942, boosting the seating capacity to 13,000.
In 1976, a new fieldhouse was built adjacent to the northeast corner of the stadium. The fieldhouse has locker and training rooms, a weight room, classrooms and offices. Aluminum seating in the stadium followed in the late 1970s as well as higher intensity lighting and new public restrooms.
Ratcliffe Stadium has been the site for many memorable FCC, and Fresno-area high school football games. It is also noted for being the place "Where World Records are Broken" in track and field, a reputation established when the stadium had a cinder track. In 1986, FCC built one of the finest all-weather track and field layouts in the United States. This track features a nine-lane Intrac polyurethane surface.
On November 2, 2002, the Ram Huddle Club unveiled the beautiful new football Wall of Fame. This magnificent work of Dark Academy granite and Raymond-Madera white granite, is located under the west grandstand within easy view of football fans. FCC also enhanced the west side last year with a new fence by the ticket booths. Greenery, young trees and a cement walkway on the concourse were added several seasons ago.